Thursday, January 31, 2008

Finally go for a run...

On Saturday I posted all about my winter run. After all of that I didn't even go: It snowed lightly on Sunday and I just didn't have the heart to go out (running) in that mess. Instead I went cross country skiing, which is fun but not much of a workout...Not the way I ski.

Normally I would drive somewhere nearby to ski but I didn't want to take either of our two wheel drive cars down the snowy driveway--since they might not make it back up and I didn't want to shovel the driveway until the snow stopped falling. My wife had the 4 wheel drive and the kids which was why I had the free time to ski in the first place. As luck would have it, the initial work on a bike path nearby has been done. It is an old rail line which is fine for walking on but had been clogged with fallen trees, which make skiing a pain. The trees are cleared-out now, so it is perfect.

Yesterday though, I did make the run and even tacked-on an extra 2.5 miles since I was already wet-n-miserable from the drizzle. Today no run possible due to a work-related lunch thing. Of course today was bright with sun and blue skies.

No comments: