Wednesday, January 20, 2021

I Plan To Cut President Biden Some Slack

 No. Not for when he insinuated that Mitt Romney would re-institute slavery.  And also not for perpetuating the lie that Trump praised white supremacists

What I will cut him some slack for is the election fraud which may have gained him the presidency.  I doubt Biden could engineer his way out of a paper sack, let alone engineer voter fraud in half a dozen states.

What Biden ought to do, especially since he is very unlikely to run for re-election anyway, is propose a bipartisan commission to investigate the safeguards which protect the integrity of elections.  He would gain a lot of goodwill across the isle by saying:  

I don't think fraud determined this election, but close to half the people have doubts about this.  We need to audit and then work to make a system which inspires confidence that the outcome is legitimate and encourages every eligible voter to exercise their right to vote.

I doubt he'll do this, but I am putting down a marker:  If he does this, it would be praiseworthy. 

No comments: