Thursday, April 27, 2023

I Thought I Posted This Someplace

But can't find it, so I'm retracing my steps.

At the end of my last Boston Marathon in 2011, I finished close to this guy.


I didn't take the picture, since I wasn't above him and didn't run with a camera.  I have a vague memory, that I looked up the number and he was a bandit who quite possibly didn't run the whole thing.

Maybe I was wrong.  The BAA has, 

Raines, John G.  With a time of:  3:39:05 and a bib number of 8311.  Which raises some questions:  My bib was 11060, so he should have started before me and was a few minutes faster, so how did we end at the same time?  Also, is the guy in the picture the guy with this name?

There's a Runner's World piece on him and they name him "Glen Raines", so that's close enough.

Added:  I'm pretty sure that I've seen some pictures from my first Boston Marathon, in 2009, where there was a woman in a Super girl costume nearby me at the start. I can't find this anywhere now, though I probably stupidly posted at Facebook, where it's impossible to ever find again.



No comments: