Thursday, August 17, 2023

Sometimes Four, Usually Three.

For fitness I run and I lift Weights.  The weak-link is that I do exactly one exercise when I lift weights:  Clean and Jerk.  This compound lift pretty much covers the whole body but one small extra bit fills in most of what's missing: Pullups.

My rotation of workouts is simple; I alternate between lifting and running.  I normally do my pullups on run day since the top half of my body is mostly along for the ride on that day.  My goal is to do as many sets of pullups and necessary to achieve 20.  If I'm really tired, feeling weak or unmotivated it might take 4 sets to reach 20.  Normally, I can do 7-8 in the first couple of sets, leaving only 4-6 for the third set.  Yesterday was a big departure for me, I did 10 in each of the first two sets!  I still did a 3rd set, of 7 though.

Ultimately, I'd like to get back to being able to do 20, which I could do in the last couple years I was in the Marines.

This is my setup--I could do 10 back in 2020 but I must have lost the knack along the way, I don't remember doing this anytime recently.

No comments: