Thursday, October 05, 2023

Time Stamp

 This is about one mile from the finish:


The lady just ahead of me is older than me but in the same age bracket and she finished 2nd in her division, but 12 places behind me.  From the race results, I know that her overall pace by the end was 8 seconds slower than mine, but at this point in the race, we had the same average pace.  This means that my 8 second gain had to all happen after this.  Another way of thinking about it is that I need 8 seconds times 12 miles, which is 1:36 and the exact amount of time I came in ahead of her.  If we assume she maintained a steady pace, I had to have run 8:07 in the final mile.  I think it may have been slightly less than a mile, I'll let the reader be the judge:


The picture is at the end of the bridge, crossing to the eastern side of the Winooski River.

No comments: