Thursday, June 21, 2007

Separated At Birth?

Last Saturday on our anniversary weekend in Boston, we got the chance to visit a Thomas Moser showroom. I had gotten ideas and dimensions for the hutch I made from various sources; but mainly from the picture below.

My view upon seeing it in the wood: Theirs features better workmanship than I can do. OTOH, I spent about $1000 on the wood and hardware and theirs is about 15K. So, there is that.

Their rocking chairs are unbelievable and worth every penny of the $1400 or so that they cost. Someday I will have one. That is a life goal.

One thing I did differently from Thomas Moser is that I used a lighter wood for the back. It gives a nice contrast to the cherry in the front and it provides more light so that you can see the items that are in or on the piece.

No comments: