Thursday, January 06, 2022

Did I Ever Tell You About...

 The time I accidentally Clean & Jerked 155 Lbs?  (Follow the link if you don't know what this is)

What happened was that I got to 155 after two failed attempts and then failed twice more when I tried to repeat that weight.  I ratcheted-back down to 145, then up to 150, then made 155 twice, before failing to make 160.  So I ratcheted-back down to 145 again, did 150 and then 155.  Then, I thought I added 5 more Lbs, but right after cleaning the weight and noticing it seemed a little too easy, I looked over to where the 2 1/2 Lb plates go and they looked back at me with a, "Were you looking for us" look.

Fuuuuk!

I made the 155 Jerk and then added the 2 1/2s, for real this time.  I easily made the 160.

It kind of ended up being a banner day:  I make 155 in most workouts, but a lot of the time it's a final lift and I make it but I make it messy and by the skin of my teeth.  This workout featured 5 successful 155 and 1 successful 160 Clean & Jerk.  I weighed myself after and was 159 1/2, so another benchmark was hit.




No comments: