Tuesday, March 28, 2023

This Isn't 20 Questions

My wife was, to put it mildly, overly doting on our daughters.  At breakfast or lunch, she would, using dulcet tones, ask--would you like this?  No.  How about this?  No.

This is where I would interpose, Tell us what you want, if we have the ingredients, we will make it for you.

This was the opening to Midnight Diner:

"When people finish their day and hurry home, my day starts. My diner is open from midnight to seven in the morning. They call it "Midnight Diner". [cut to menu listing "pork miso soup combo, beer, sake, shochu"] That's all I have on my menu. But I make whatever customers request as long as I have the ingredients for it. That's my policy. Do I even have customers? More than you would expect"

Though, I did the 20 questions thing a long time before every hearing about Midnight Diner.  Still, I like the way "The Master" thinks and acts.

No comments: