Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Instant messaging with my 8 year old daughter

The following is a transcript of some instant messaging between me and my eight year old daughter. She spent the spring-break week with relatives in Pennsylvania and NJ. Note: Commentary will be in Green. Also, I have rearranged some of the order since new questions often come before a reply to a previous question.
Veena says: Hi daddy
Veena says: this is renny
Young Turk says: I figured that out.
Venna is the name of the aunt in NJ Surenna was staying with.

Young Turk says: Hi honey
About "Young Turk" the author's wife and I often change our display name in concert with whatever topic we happen to be 'on'. So, I had just purchased a bunch of Rod Stewart songs and I included (I don't know why!) Young Turks and Vaish gave me hell for it. Hence the display name. (Actually, I think my reasoning was that Young Turks in some ways is such a prototypical Rod Stewart song--even though it is not very good and he does have lots of good songs. Here is what I got that day. Maggie May $0.99 Q0002 People Get Ready $0.99 Q0002 Reason to Believe $0.99 Q0002 Rhythm of My Heart $0.99 Q0002 The First Cut Is the Deepest $0.99 Q0002 This Old Heart of Mine $0.99 Q0002 You're in My Heart $0.99 Q0002 Young Turks Veena says: i love you dadd Young Turk says: Love you too!
Young Turk says: How are you doing there with veenpachi?
Veena says: good i'm doing fine Young Turk says: I miss you.
Veena says: so are there tears in your eyes
Young Turk says: I only cry when there is nobody around to see me. Never at work. Silly.
Veena says: oh god!
Young Turk says: But, I do miss you even if I am not crying about it.
Veena says: iwas talking to mommy a while ago
Young Turk says: She is working from home today.
Young Turk says: Did she say anything interesting?
Veena says: no
Veena says: Mamuma is taking good care of me
Young Turk says: Okay, good.
Veena says: why did you say that/
Young Turk says: I am glad that Mamuma is taking good care of you.
Veena says: we are going to Red Loster for lunch then we are going to see a movie
Young Turk says: Must be hard having so much fun...
Veena says: good buy i love you
Young Turk says: Good bye. I love you too.
Veena says: call me
Young Turk says: Okay, after work I will give you a call. Veena says: buy Young Turk says: Bye. Veena says: hi daddy Young Turk says: Hi Surenna Young Turk says: I was busy with a coworker and didn't see your message. Veena says: oh thats ok Young Turk says: Are you all ready to come home? Veena says: not yet. Istill have to pack up a lot of stuff Young Turk says: You guys have the whole day to play before the drive home. Young Turk says: You can still do something fun. Veena says: ya we'r going to Young Turk says: What are you going to do today? Veena says: Ithink we are going to the park Young Turk says: Just the little playground close to their house? Veena says: i guess Veena says: thats fun for me Young Turk says: So, you don't have any kids to play with during the day though. Veena says: ok i gutsta go Young Turk says: okay, bye. Veena says: no Veena says: i went to the park for 20 minutes and then it started to rain Wild Turkey says: Oh, thats too bad! Wild Turkey says: Wild Turkey says: I just got back from running. The weather is beautiful here. specchia says: what are you talking about?i just got on the computer Wild Turkey says: i went to the park for 20 minutes and then it started to rain specchia says: no i did Wild Turkey says: I know Wild Turkey says: I was just reminding you of your earlier message. specchia says: oh you where just kidding specchia says: not Wild Turkey says: No specchia says: are you still at work? Wild Turkey says: Yes, I am at work untill 6:00 Wild Turkey says: It is nice here in Billerica. specchia says: you work in Billerica? Wild Turkey says: Yes specchia says: wo Wild Turkey says: Only about 4 miles from Mamuma and Aja's house. specchia says: when i travele home i get to go in pajamas because we are stoping at a rest urant Wild Turkey says: That doesn Wild Turkey says: oops Wild Turkey says: That doesn't make sense. If you are stopping at a restaurant, you should not wear pajamas. Wild Turkey says: Or you should say, "even though we are stopping at a restaurant, I still get to wear pajamas" specchia says: i ment not going in pjs Wild Turkey says: That would make more sense Wild Turkey says: okay specchia says: i made a mistake Wild Turkey says: Thats okay, you are just a little kid. specchia says: ok got to go bye Wild Turkey says: bye talktome says: daddy are you there? Wild Turkey says: On the phone now. talktome says: ok talktome says: off yet

No comments: