Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The dog has improved my appearance

I never used to have to iron my shirts. My wife, who does the laundry, used to always plan dryer loads such that she was able to empty the machine while the clothes were still warm. My shirts didn't look as good as ironed, but they were sufficiently presentable for work.

Now that we got a dog, or rather now that she got a dog--her time has been stretched and she is less diligent with side-tasks like laundry. So now I do ironing.

I don't know if I am the only one who does this, but whenever possible I have always sat while ironing. It makes it seem more like a hobby than drudge work. A new thing I have found is that a chair with casters on it, like an office chair, really helps. I can quickly wheel myself into position rather than straining and reaching.

It is actually semi-fun.

I am not going to get all extreme about it though...

No comments: