Monday, July 28, 2008

Snippets of conversation at the CS & T adult social...

...and so even as I intended to stay at Lincoln Labs for a year or so, I've been there ever since...

A woman approaches, "you guys talking business"?

Me: "Not really, he was just saying where he works. I kind of assume that given the place, it is probably electronics, optics or something computery."

Guy: "More like defensy"

Woman: "Yeah, if he tells you what it is, he will have to kill you."

Me: "I never understood all that cloak-and-dagger stuff. I had a top secret clearance in the Marine Corps and am pretty sure I never saw anything even confidential".

Woman: What did you do?

Me: "I worked in electronic warfare--like radar jamming". Woman: "And what do you do now"?

I described the work at Millipore and our role in the pharma industry.

Woman: "How did you start out in electronics and end up in biology".

Me: "Other than the Marine Corps, I never worked in electronics. It has never been much more than a hobby for me."

No comments: