Saturday, May 16, 2009

Context...

Our road has been freshly paved and is now wonderfully smooth. In honor of this, I decided to take a ride on it and check-out how the neighbor boy is doing with his lemonaide stand.

On the way back, I ran into my wife taking the dog for a walk and asked her if she had any money. No. "Okay, I'll get some at home and meet you at the stand". When I got back, on foot, I paid for her drink and ordered one for myself.

After the drinks we set-off on the walk and began to chat.

Wife: I talked to the gardening lady on the way down to the lemonaide stand..."

Me: What did she have to say?

Wife: She asked me if I knew you.

Me: I'm sure she has seen me with you and the kids walking them down to the bus stop.

Wife: Well, you know how it is when you see someone out of context.

Me: Yeah, I guess she has never seen me riding a unicycle before. So what did you tell her? Oh, that's my husband--the idiot?

No comments: