Friday, July 29, 2016

Little Things On My Morning Run

Well, "run" is being generous at the speed I am making these days, but let's set that aside for a moment and look at interesting little things.

1. I dropped Jemma off at captain's practice by 6:05. Lots of girls there, so we were not too late.

2. 20 minutes later, I was back home, changed into running clothes and on my run. Soon after I started, I noticed something rabbit-sized dash across the road. It didn't bounce though, it ran like a bird, which is what it was. It was a baby turkey and it was joining about 7 of its siblings in a front yard with one adult turkey. As I ran by, slightly concerned that the adult would attack me, the one closest to the road skittered over to its mom for protection.

3. About a mile in, a woman jogger about my age turned onto the road from a side street. I said "good morning" as I passed her.

4. I saw three young women going the opposite direction at about mile 4 of my run. I said "hi" and noticed that I know one of them, she is a friend of Dahlia.

5. Having finished my 6 miles and showered. Jemma texted that she was ready to be picked up. On the way to picking her up, I noticed the woman from #3, heading in the opposite direction as the last time I'd seen her.

6. When I picked up Jemma, I told her about seeing A. Jemma said, "Yeah, I know, she told me she saw you".

No comments: