Monday, December 10, 2018

If Life Was Like a Nihilistic Movie, I Would Have Died Yesterday.

Foreshadowing:
I had to go out and run an errand--pick up a Christmas tree for the season, no less and the dog "asked" to be taken for a walk while I was at the back door putting on my coat and shoes. She is old and sedentary, so it is kind of a thing to take her when she is willing, but I had a lot to do and so promised to take her later, if I could.

Lead-up:
When I got home from getting the tree, I was good as my word and set out on a walk as the bright sun cast rays at a sharp angle. I was about to enter the bike path but delayed a bit, waiting as a biker went past. He inexplicably bade me good morning as he glided by. It was two in the afternoon! I didn't make too much of it--some people are just so used to "good morning" that they stray into non-morning times of the day, no big deal. I say good day sir. Well, just in my mind. The sun was in my eyes and I was still musing about the whole "good morning" fiasco, when another walker approached from ahead.

The big scene:
There was something not right about him. In the movie version, the sun and my general befuddlement would prevent me from seeing his face. The camera would show the audience how creepy he looked, but I would not see it. Nor the knife he suddenly pulled from nowhere and used to stab me to death. In actuality, the only odd thing was that I was having such thoughts on a sunny day, having a stroll with our cute Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

Coda:
The pathetic and useless (for protection) dog, left whimpering--she wants to go home but also does not like to leave one of her people behind.

No comments: