Thursday, August 07, 2008

Cell Trees and Yale

I have seen these cell towers disguised as trees before, but never had the chance to take a picture of one before. They don't look much like trees and I have no objection to cell towers, but I appreciate that someone took an effort.

From what I understand, Harvard is still harder to get into, but Yale sure is a lot nicer looking.

A nice drain pipe might be made of copper--that is pretty fancy in my book. This one is not just copper--it is also decorated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am such a whole hearted believer in considering the esthetics when development goes in. While not perfect, these cell trees do calm the average Joe and help technology blend in to the natural world. Going one step further, we can consider how technology can "help" and "enhance" the natural world and organisms. For example, maybe this now provides a nesting site for a population. On a final note, birds are often overlooked with windmills, high tension wires, and other structures but this is pretty good size and obvious so I endorse it!

Anonymous said...

Check out the campus of Princeton too in NJ, it's up there!