Sunday, June 06, 2010

The weather outside was frightful...

So the weekend was filled with cooking.

I got 6 whole chickens from the store and cut them into parts:

--Odds and ends for broth and dog treats. --Wife marinated breast fillets for grilling and leg-thigh pieces with tandoori spice for oven cooking or grilling. We had the back pieces encrusted with corn flake crumbs and baked for dinner last night.

Wife made a batch of some 10-dozen meatballs.

I made a batch of spaghetti sauce.

I even made a batch of cranberry sauce, which we use like jam year-round.

For dinner tonight we had a pork rib roast. My wife purchased a large one which I cut in half. Then she spiced-up both--one for the freezer and one for the oven.

All in all, we should have some easy meals ahead of us. This is good since weekdays are a mad rush from the start of each day 'till the end.

No comments: