Monday, February 21, 2005

"The Gates" In Central Park NYC

I am not even sure why I took this picture, but on closer inspection I am glad I did. --At the top of the picture one can see the skyline: There are interesting details if you zoom in. You can see the time and temperature when the picture was taken. There are interesting details in the building which is going up on the right hand side: Are the redish orange sheets in the building meant to evoke The Gates? At a distance from any of the gates, all of us in the group agree that what is evoked is road work rather than art. I don't know about you, but I get the opposite feeling from approaching road work as I do from art. Art makes me feel calm and serene while road work sets my teeth on edge. --In the middle of the shot, you see people going about their day among the gates. If you zoom in, lots of details come into view. Do you see the lady with a baby stroller? --In the foreground, here are a man and a woman. Is she giving him something? Maybe he is buying drugs and she is his pusher! Or maybe they are a couple and she is handing him back his gloves now that he is done taking (almost) the same picture as I took. I didn't notice these two when I took the picture, I was looking at the new building.

No comments: