Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Since I'm not a conspiracy theorist, these pictures are wasted on me.

The below satellite pictures are from maps.google.com. I was exploring the Washington DC area in anticipation of a trip there later in the Summer and I noticed some strange aspects to the sat images. Sometimes they are deliberately blurred or distorted. I can see the reasons for this in some cases, but others are just odd. I can see a whole hobby springing-up: Spot the blurred-out sections on Google satellite images. I found the Capitol first, then I looked to see about the White House and Pentagon (which is not distorted). I found the Observatory Circle by accident. I was just exploring routes into and out of DC. Note: You can click on any of the images and you will get a full screen, higher resolution image.

No comments: