Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Day 3: Saturday BBQ--Relatives Invited...

We spent the whole of a beautiful Saturday at little sis' Mary's place having a bbq with all of the local--and some not so local relatives attending. Mary's husband Rob and I manned the grill and the ladies did everything else. All the grandkids of my parents were there as well as two out of my three siblings. My papa made out like a bandit: Two of his three sisters were there along with their husbands. Only one of my cousins made it, but she made up for the others by bringing her husband and three adorable children. It was an idyllic afternoon--everybody was happy to see each other, the kids were all healthy and kept each other busy, the lawn looked great and the weather couldn't have been better. Every day is a gift, but some gifts are more memorable than others.

No comments: