Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So, What's Up With Obama's Church?

All the news, at least on the internet tubes, has been about Senator Obama's church. I won't go into lots of details about this, since I am sure anyone who is interested can find out all they want on their own. I will just sum-up the tenor of it by saying that the motto of his church might as well be, "Never trust whitey".

What I got to wondering was; did Senator Obama have a choice? That is, are all the African-American churches on the South side of Chicago like that? I have no idea, I kind of hope not. What do you mean by, "kind of"? Well, in general terms, I wish none of them were like that. But on the other hand, if some were not like that, then I am pretty sad that Obama didn't choose a different church. I should note here that the Trinity United Church of Christ is very popular--something like 8,000 members.

I will also note here that I do not personally think that Senator Obama does himself hate or distrust whites, unlike say Jackson, Sharpton or Obama's own pastor.

No comments: