Saturday, July 26, 2008

RoK Days Chez Pecchia

Friday while jogging I found a growth of coral mushrooms. I decided to pick one and carry it with me in case I didn't have the chance to come back later.

Once I got home from work I looked-up a recipe for this kind of mushroom and the first one I found was for Coral Mushroom Namul (Ban Chan) It looks as if it is one of multiple side courses in some kind of special Korean meal. They say it can be part of a Ban Chan array. I don't have full understanding of what this might be, but it sounds good!

I made the dish (with modifications) and it was good. I added a hot pepper (minced) and used soy sauce rather than sesame oil since there was already plenty of oil in the dish and I didn't want to add more.

This morning while mowing the lawn I noticed that our Rose of Sharon has begun blooming. This is the national flower of South Korea.

No comments: