Monday, July 21, 2008

Success = Ambition

The exhaust work I did on my car has held-up for more than a week, so I am becoming confident that it will last a while.

There is actually an interesting paradox which was brought up by this "repair". The repair was done via improvisation and so there was some doubt if it would hold up for even a few seconds. The longer it holds up the more confident I get that it will continue to hold-up. But, everything wears out at some point, so as time goes on we get closer to the point when my repair will fail.

I purchased new spark plugs a couple of years ago, with the full intent to install them at some point. Well, the day came and I couldn't find where they go! All my life spark plugs just screw into the side of the block--they are easy to find since they have wires going to them. Not on this particular car. I did a quick search on the web and found the answer: They are under a cover!

I can't wait to look under the hood to see if I have a cover like the one in the picture.

Update: The whole job took 15 minutes and all the tools I needed were in the toolkit which came with the car.

No comments: