Monday, January 08, 2018

Major Shift In Luck

I stuffed my hat into the cup holder at the concert...

Wait, what?

Well, there was no drink to put in there. Because $13.50 is crazy for a beer and I would rather do without. Kind of; I would feel like not buying one, but would cave and get one anyway. Except, my wife and I are observing Dryuary. January, no alcohol. So the cup holder could serve to hold my vintage Bula jester hat.

I know, it looks stupid. But, I have never had a hat as warm, or as comfortable. I feel stupid now: I almost didn't buy it, because of the stupid thing. Now I wish I had bought one in every color they had. Bygones. Like 25 years ago and no longer made, bygones.


The concert ended (The Killers and it was amazing!), the lights came up and no hat! It wasn't on the floor either. We eventually found it about 6 feet away. All the lucky bastards, not doing Dryuary and so making multiple trips for more beer, had dragged it out of the cup holder and a fair distance away.

We were waiting for our daughter and friends to come up, from their standing area on the floor, to our seats and I spied a woman's clutch under a nearby seat. I locked eyes with an usher who was working his way through that section, as to say, "here is something you should collect. He went over to it and it was a concert T shirt. We communicated wordlessly, "It would be pointless to put something which is just like a thousand others sold tonight into the lost and found, right"?

He said, "Want a shirt"?

Sure!

From losing my irreplaceable hat to getting a shirt that sells for $40 for free!

No comments: