Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'll Say This About Plywood...

It sure isn't as pretty as fine hardwood, but it does go together fast.

As long time readers of this blog know, furniture projects typically take me months and even sometimes years to complete. This bookshelf was built in one day (last Wednesday to be precise). I did the painting this weekend and it is done.

I spent nothing on the materials since the glue, screws, paint and plywood are all either supplies I always have plenty of, or are left-over from previous projects.

I would normally have used black cherry for this kind of thing but I am getting low on it and want to conserve.

This bookshelf will go to Jemma's room. She is currently using our old changing table as a bookshelf/ general storage unit. Now the changing table can go to someone who needs one and Jemma Boo can have a real (if slapdash) bookshelf.

No comments: