Friday, September 26, 2008

Fair is fair...

I have given Sen. Joe Biden grief for all the stupid things he says, but sometimes he knows what he is talking about...

Biden: (video from Sept. 21, Castlewood, Va): I guarantee ya, Barack Obama ain’t taking my shotguns, so don’t buy that malarkey, don’t buy that malarkey. They’re going to start peddling that to you. I got two! If he tries to fool with my Beretta he’s got a problem. Stewart (after pausing incredulously): Two things. Uh. One, the Beretta, I believe, is a handgun. Not, not a shotgun.

Actually Jon, Barretta is a big maker of shotguns...They are not exactly blue-collar guns though. The cheapest ones are around a couple thou.

Just as a hint to Jon Stewart and any other know-it-alls: People normally know quite a lot about their own stuff. I mean, if I plopped-down $2,000 for a scatter-gun, you can rest assured I would know who made it! Once the wife of my ex-uncle (don't ask) was convinced that my 1983 Toyota Tercel was rear-wheel drive, even after I told her it wasn't. I had the thing for a few years at the time, so even if I didn't know at the time of purchase, I would certainly have figured it out at some point eh? I mean when you floor it on a dirt road and dust flies up from the front wheels, that is a big clue...and when your expensive shotgun says Barretta on it that is a big clue too.

No comments: