Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Odd little connections...

In the previous post I noticed a parallel between the Movies, Prince Caspian and Godspell. Actually, I noted the absence of a scene that they should have had in common: The book version of Prince Caspian had the scene, but the movie didn't. Any way it is not a huge surprise that there would be connections between these two movies given their well-known Christian roots.

What I noticed in looking at the IMDB link is that Victor Garber played Jesus in Godspell. My wife and I saw him just last Summer in Noel Coward's Present Laughter at the Huntington Theatre in Boston.

Victor Garbor was great in the lead role, but the character who totally stole the show was crazed fan and playwright Roland Maule played by Brooks Ashmanskas. This role may be made for the whole stealing the show as Nathen Lane had his Broadway debut as the crazy young playwright Roland Maule, back in 1982. George C. Scott played the lead in that version, so I don't think Nathen Lane could have stolen the show, but he must have done well, since he is pretty famous now.

No comments: