Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Marathon Training

Kind of a mixed bag today:

1. A couple of miles after I left home it began to sleet and it kept it up the whole way.

2. I pushed much harder than I had been and it seemed to have an effect. Last week I ran 8:45 miles (IIRC) and today it was 8:27.

3. This is the 4th time I have run this same route and today I took a wrong turn. It took me around 0.35 miles to figure this out, so the run was more than 19.5 miles. Maybe my brain was addled by fatigue and cold, which is why I missed my turn. The kicker is that the correct road was only like 10-15 yards past where I went. I could (have) see(n) it from where I turned.

4. The iPod really helps. I don't usually wear it for such long runs because I am afraid that I will get sick of listening to music and then it will be dead weight from that point-on.

No comments: