Saturday, December 06, 2008

Seasonal Rolls

6 year old, Jemma was asking for Chinese food tonight and my wife was trying to ascertain what she likes...

You like noodles? Yeah.

Egg rolls? No. I like those um Winter..

Ah, yes.

Spring Rolls!

Later, we are watching a cooking show and she asks to watch, "Boy". We don't know what she means by that and so ask her to describe it. He goes to different places and tries their food.

Acha! Guy Fieri

Final update: My wife tells me that Jemma actually said "Summer" not Winter. You see how memory works? Or rather kind of fails to.

3 comments:

Trooper York said...

You should make a project out of making spring rolls. You can get the wontons from you local supermarket and shred the cabbage and such to make a delicious deep fried treat. Great for teaching the kiddies how to cook new and interesting things. My granddaughter loves to learn this stuff and is about the same age. This year she is going to learn how to make lasagna. Old school style with three types of meat.

dbp said...

My wife and I did that before we had kids, but that is a really good idea to do with them sometime.

One of the girl's birthday parties I made a little pizza shell for each and then laid-out toppings for them to customize their pie.

Trooper York said...

Hey you can't beat english muffin pizzas. I make them once a week.

Fancy cookin' is the best.